If you want to delete your EA account then you have come to the right place, in this guide we will show you how to cancel or delete your EA account easily.
EA allows you to deactivate, or delete your account, although you can’t deactivate or delete your EA Account by yourself.
You might deactivate your account if you want to take a break from gaming
If you want to stop using EA products and services completely, then you may want to delete your account instead.
To delete your EA account you need to contact EA Support to request account deletion
Follow the steps below in this guide on how to deactivate, and delete your EA account
How To Delete EA Account
Here is how to delete your EA Account:-
Step 2: Under “Select the game or service” Select any game from the list. It doesn’t matter which one.
Step 3: Under “What platform are you playing on?” Select any platform in the list. Again, it doesn’t matter which one you choose as shown below.
Step 4: Under “Select topic” go to “Manage my account”
Step 5: Under “Select issue” click on “Delete account”
Step 6: Now log in to the EA account with your login data, follow the corresponding steps, and inform support about your cancellation request in the form.
That’s it, EA advisors will help you to delete your account.
You may also have the right to have your EA Account and all associated data permanently deleted. For EU residents, this is known as The Right To Be Forgotten.
To exercise this right, please contact EA using this link. Select Data Privacy as the Category and Delete my data as the Issue, and mention “Right to be Forgotten” when you connect with an advisor. ‘
This will be permanent and you will not be able to recover your account or data after it has been completed.
Instead of deleting your EA account, you can opt to deactivate it
The advantage of account deactivation is that it keeps your account in EA systems and your progress is retained, but you won’t be able to use it or log into it unless you decide to reactivate.
Account deletion, on the other hand, deletes your case history with EA, removes access to your games, and you won’t be able to use any linked platform accounts on another EA Account.
To deactivate your EA account just contact EA using the steps above but instead of selecting account deletion in step 5, select the account deactivation option.
What happens when you close your EA account?
- You will not be able to use any platform accounts (e.g, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, etc.) connected to your account on another account.
- The case history associated with your account will be permanently deleted, so you won’t be able to contact us about any cases you have made.
- You will lose access to entitlements, games, subscriptions, and in-game purchases associated with your account.
- You won’t be able to access any EA games downloaded or purchased on Steam or Epic, since they are connected to your EA Account.
- You’ll be removed as a user from all EA Forums, and if you’ve posted on an EA Forum, EA will either delete your forum name or the posts themselves. If you have an EA Forum account that doesn’t use your EA Account credentials to log in, such as a SWTOR Forum account, then you will need to make a separate request to delete those.
- If you’re playing an EA game on Facebook, you’ll need to go to Apps and Websites in your Facebook Settings to remove any EA apps.
- If you have an EA Play subscription on your console, you’ll need to contact Microsoft or Sony to cancel it.
How to delete EA Account on Mobile
If you play EA mobile games on an Apple or Google device, you may be able to delete your game account by tapping the Delete My Account button in the in-game settings menu.
If you tap this button, it starts an automatic deletion process that we can’t undo.
Please note that deleting your mobile account does not cancel any recurring subscription payments you have set up on it.
If you have active subscriptions on your account, contact Apple or Google to cancel them.
We can conclude that EA allows you to deactivate, or delete your account, although you can’t deactivate or delete your EA Account by yourself.
By following the above laid down steps, you will be able to contact EA advisors on assisting you with account deletion.
We hope that you found our article on how to delete an EA account helpful. If not, feel free to submit a comment or question for us and we’ll get back with an answer.